There’s a lot of information in the personal growth space about the importance of morning routines & how they should be structured. Today’s tip video offers 3 ideas to take your morning routine up a notch – or get started easily if it’s been hard to make your morning routine stick. Enjoy!
Are you looking to connect with people who have more accomplishments, connections, or more money than you do? It can be intimidating walking into a room filled with elite and powerful people, but it doesn’t need to be. Today’s video gives you some things to consider while connecting with different circles so you can make the connections you’re looking for at social events. Implement these tips and you’ll effortlessly impress the folks you’re dying to connect with, allowing you to reach your goals and up-level your success over and over again.
Have you or a loved one ever been impacted by self-sabotaging decisions or behaviors?
Self-sabotage describes actions and choices that take us farther away from our goals rather than closer to them. If you’re working towards a goal you haven’t been able to achieve yet, there’s a good chance you’re sabotaging your own efforts somewhere behind the scenes. Even (especially) if you’re not aware you’re doing it.
Talking about this topic has the potential to get very heavy really fast. It’s one of the least desirable areas of life, and it applies to everyone. Self-sabotage is a natural thing. It impacts every area of our lives.
The skill of spotting self-sabotage and choosing to re-direct is important for everyone because once you’re able to spot these habits before autopilot takes over, your biggest challenge becomes disaster prevention rather than recovery and rebuilding after a total shipwreck.
If you’re looking to create something new in your life – usually better health, better relationships, or more money – spotting self-sabotage before it takes you off track is a skill you need to master. You’re getting your sword sharpened on the topic today! Take these steps to stop self-sabotage before it sinks your ship:
- Become aware of your patterns. Think back… What do your high points look like? Where are your lows? What steps happen in between, bringing you up and down over and over? Once you see how your unique patterns play out in your life, you’ll be much more able to spot them as they occur. Once you’re so familiar with your self-sabotaging behaviors and patterns that you can spot them in the moment, you’ve gained the power and awareness you need to make a different decision.
- Notice how fear pops up when you consider making a different choice. Recognize that it’s a good thing! It often means that you’re on the right track, even if it doesn’t feel like it. Fear responses are designed to keep us “safe”, and our animal brain has learned that our patterns are safe – that’s why we keep repeating them over and over again, no matter how much new pain they cause over time. When we consider something new, fear tries to scare us back into the pattern. Embrace the fear, try new choices anyway, and get support to help you see things clearly during this time.
- Remain persistent and focused on what you want to accomplish. Remember and develop the vision you’re working towards, especially when the going gets tough. Know that challenge and failure are important parts of the process. Remind yourself repeatedly that you deserve to reach your goals, and it’ll be safe to enjoy your accomplishments once you get there. Even once you reach your goals, you’ll find new ones to work towards, and that’s OK! You’ll always want more, and you’ll always have what you need to go out and get it.
Above all else, remember to take very good, loving care of yourself. This is challenging, brave, never-ending work, and practice IS perfect! Before you know it, you’ll be sailing in a straight line no matter what weather comes up. Good luck, and safe travels.
Do you ever find yourself feeling super busy but not actually productive? Today’s tip helps you flip that around – so you can become MORE productive and LESS busy. If you’re interested in transforming your busy-ness into a money-making business that works for you instead of putting YOU to work for cheap, make sure to watch this video and let me know what you think!
Is it possible to spark our own upward trend after challenging times?? Yes!! If you want to know how, watch this video. Not only will you learn how to start the upward slope after hard times, but you’ll learn about maintaining it when you get there. Repeat these steps to bring your “highs” higher and even out the lows, so you can experience more consistent upward growth over time.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions I express in this video are NOT intended as legal advice! You’ll need to look elsewhere for professional legal assistance. Let me know if you’d like to be pointed in the right direction, I’d be happy to help connect you!!
Better late than never!! This week’s tip video, offering some suggestions that could restore your energy AND let you have some fun in the process. Will post the writing I mention in the comments. (Thanks to copywriting pro, Stella Orange, for the prompts)!!
Give it a watch, and I’d love to hear what you think!! Have a great night. ❤️
It’s so common in our society to be boiling over with anger and resentment towards others (especially our loved ones) who’ve hurt or betrayed us in the past. It’s also common to be angry at situations and circumstances that we’re in, especially when we start losing sight of our ability to impact our own circumstances.
When other people just don’t “get” us, when they aren’t picking up the slack, or when they aren’t fitting our mold and meeting our needs, resentment builds up and clouds our whole world-view. When things aren’t going our way, and we can’t see our way out, we start to feel trapped and overwhelmed. Eventually, we boil so hotly that we can’t take it anymore, so we spill over. (It’s no wonder our relationships offer some of the most challenging aspects of life)!
When patterns of discomfort and disconnection from built up anger and resentment continue for a long time, they easily sabotage our mood and progress. Our creativity sinks and our energy suffers. We feel bored at best, depressed at worst, and we have to squint to see lights at the end of the tunnel. It becomes easy to turn to unhealthy means of coping by overeating, overworking, or overindulging in other ways.
Today I’d like to offer three steps to let go of old anger & resentment so you can enjoy your loved ones and your surroundings to the fullest. Maybe one of these shifts is just the thing you need to plug back in and love your life more fully.
- Take a close look at your thoughts and your interpretations. What judgments are you making about people? How are you explaining the actions of others? Realize that there’s always a million ways to interpret a situation, and the way we choose to explain things has much more to do with ourselves than anyone else. Choose your thoughts, and get curious about any negatively charged topics. Ask, why do these people and situations bring out such strong feelings for you? Why does THIS topic feel so personal? Getting familiar with yourself through introspection like this is a form of self-care, which will have amazing results in every area of your life.
- Let the anger and resentment move through your body. Very often, these old emotions store right around your heart, in the upper torso area of your body. Shimmy your shoulders, wave/flail your arms, dance around to an angry song to let it all out. Take a boxing class. Scream into a pillow. Take a walk. (The picture attached to this blog was actually taken during an angry “blow off some steam” type of walk of my own)! To enjoy your loved ones fully, you’ll need to feel comfortable in your skin – once all this anger moves out, you’ll feel much more at home.
- Manage your energy by choosing what to focus on. Chances are, if you’re focusing on what someone else is doing wrong, you’d be much better served by redirecting your energy towards self-love and pursuing your goals. Recognize that you are the only one with ultimate control and power over your life, and make good use of that fact. When you focus your attention on meeting your own needs and loving yourself, you’ll naturally see the good in other people, and everyone will feel a very positive difference. When you’re contributing what you can and creating your life as intentionally as possible, it’s much easier to let go of the things that really ARE out of your control.
As you take these three steps towards releasing anger and resentment, while maintaining a sincere intention to improve the lives of others through your own unique talents, you’ll be amazed by your results. I’m sure of it.
Relax and enjoy. Your heart, your loved ones, and your future self will thank you.